To ensure all young people who enter The Roundhill Academy are given sound careers and enterprise information, and advice and guidance to improve life and work chances. The young people will be exposed to different sectors of education, occupations, career opportunities and labour market information.
To give Careers Education, Enterprise Information and Advice and Guidance to all young people at The Roundhill Academy from Year 7 through to Year 11.
- To provide a stable careers programme from Year 7 through to Year 11
- To have access to Labour Market Information to inform their own decisions about their future pathway
- To ensure the individual needs of each child are addressed through action plans
- To make explicit within a curriculum area the skills and careers related to that subject
- To provide encounters with employers and employees
- To have at least one experience of a work place environment
- To give personal guidance to each young person through an individual interview on at least one occasion
- To ensure every young person leaving The Roundhill Academy gains a place in education and/or training
For further details about out Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) please see our CEAIG Strategy Plan by clicking below
For further information about the Careers Programme at The Roundhill Academy contact Laura Kyle on 0116 269 3896 or Laura.Kyle@roundhill.leics.sch.uk
Careers Update – Year 10 Students (July 2020)
The DfE have released this grid and video to help you and your son/daughter decide which route to take after Year 11.
We are encouraging Year 10 students and their Parents to watch the video and look at the grid below, and discuss the options available so that students can feel a bit more confident about their choices next year. If you have any queries please get in touch with the Careers Lead, Laura Kyle by emailing: Laura.Kyle@roundhill.leics.sch.uk